Subject: [Leica] August 29th Apocalyptic Dysphoria; Pictures on your watch.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 21:33:43 -0400

One of the rare occasions in which Brian got involved in a thread way way
back in the turn of the century or millennium  we were talking about the
demise of craft and print making and how things were going the way of the
jpeg and people not showing you their prints but showing you their jpegs on
a small screen like from an iPod. (a thing which played music)  Someone
joked maybe it was me that soon we'd be viewing each others pix on our Dick
Tracy wrist watches and that was shot down as being too Apocalyptic
Dysphoric. I wonder if its still in the archives?
In the past few years when the iPhones took over and those screens became
the main viewing ground for seeing sobodies photo work; it was looking bad
but it got worse. The Apple watch came out and I've not seen one in person
yet. But I was wondering if you can view pix on them. I just checked.
You can.
*
http://www.apple.com/watch/built-in-apps/

"the smaller 38mm Apple Watch has a resolution of 272 x 340, while the
larger 42mm Apple Watch has a resolution of 312 x 390. "  they are about
40mm's in height.
So things will get dumbed down even further. Or they already have.
If things can get worse but I think it would have to start with the Apple
iGlass.  Little high tech eye glasses.
So when it used to be people were really listening to you talking to them
instead of their little earphone  ( just happened in the apple store) now
its not just not you they are listening to. They're not seeing you either.
They are watching the readout. What Arnold saw in T1.

* The system goes online August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from
strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes
self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to
pull the plug.
Sarah Connor: Skynet fights back.

--
Mark William Rabiner