Subject: [Leica] M240 as Scanner
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 09:44:51 -0700

As I see it,,,,
The Nikon Scanner (LS5000) automatically loads the new slide/negative,
autofocuses, and scans without attendance, and does this several ( up to 36
or more, if you had full rolls of negatives) times while you are busy doing
other things.
The Beseler setup, with the M240, requires all of this to be done manually.

The Beseler results may be good, better, or superb.  But it is the time that
makes the difference....

You have scanned thousands of slides/transparencies.  You (presumably) have
thousands more to scan.
You are satisfied with the results of the LS5000 when it worked.
You scan your slides to produce income.  It is a business.  I look at it as
a business decision.

Find someone to fix or buy a new (used) LS5000 if you feel your time is
worth the difference..... there are 8 on EBay right now.  Price would be
around $1500.

My $0.02.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net