Subject: [Leica] Leica lenses on other cameras
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 09:55:24 -0700

I also have been thinking hard about both using wide angles and high ISO
performance. I am looking at just doing some astro-landscape photography.
The requirements for this are good ISO performance at 3200 and above, the
ability to turn off the camera's dark frame processing that occurs after
each shot, and, of course, sharpness of wide angles.

I am debating between the A7rII and waiting to hear if the Leica Q sensor
will appear in the new M if one is announced this month. The Q gets good
test results at high ISOs: quite better than the newest Sony:

http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/cameras-and-camcorders/cameras/compact-cameras/leica-q-typ-116-1296362/review/6

I would assume that Leica M wide angles would work well with any new M,
though doubts exist there also. Many users say the 35/2 ASPH is probably
the worst performer on the Sony A7r's relative to edge smear. That's the
35mm I have...

At any rate, I'll wait and see what this month brings in terms of Leica
announcements... If Leica doesn't offer anything reasonable, I may need to
buy the Sony A7rII and whatever native wide angle prime's are available:
hopefully a 24...