Subject: [Leica] (SPAM: ?) Re: If not Lightroom, ...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 10:37:45 -0400

As LightRoom was designed to be a browser which as an afterthought had some
picture "editing" as in processing: cropping etc capabilities put in as an
afterthought and then developed with later versions.

Photoshop itself was first designed as a program to make it so you could
change a Tiff file to a Jpeg or other file formats back and forth.
When you do that the image would sometimes darken or lighten.
So they had to put controls in there to tweak that.
Hence Photoshop. It had another name at first.