Subject: [Leica] Anyone having trouble with the new LR beyond importing?
From: gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 07:02:31 +0100

I am using (or to be more precise not using) the latest version of LR CC on
my Mac Mini with El Capitan. The program has become unusable with it hanging
for ever. Yesterday I was on the phone with a very ice girl in India for
well over an hour, and she tried everything including taking over my
computer remotely, and finally we thought we had it fixed. She went to lie
down in a darkened room if she had any sense, and left me with a case number
if it played up again.

Within a few minutes of her going and my using it, it became unusable again.
It is so bad that I can do nothing with it, I might as well not have it on
the computer! I wonder if it is a combination of LR and El Capitan, but all
other programs are working absolutely fine. Today I anticipate another very
long call to India. Fortunately I call a London number and I have a call
package that includes all local calls in the price.

I really am not happy! I will try and manage with a combination of Photo
Mechanic and Capture One if I can?t resolve the matter today, but it is not
the same.

Gerry