Subject: [Leica] More SL compatible lenses.......but there is a catch.......
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 22:54:20 +0530

Douglas,
Nikon and Canon have been doing this for years with their APS-C lenses on
the Full Frame bodies....

The SL ticks a lot of the boxes for me, including the essential autofocus,
except one - where are the lenses? They would have done better, IMHO, to
start, like Fuji with three very good to exceptional primes, and probably
the normal range zoom. It looks to me as if they have been rushed into
releasing a body sans a workable lens lineup - maybe because of the
marketplace, maybe because of a need to leverage the R&D done for the S,
maybe because of a PE investor getting restless. Who knows?

I was really waiting for an autofocus FF Leica, now I will wait a bit more
and see what the lens line up looks like in a year or two. Maybe they will
have a dealer in India by then as well, essential considering their cameras
are not mechanical masterpieces any more, but electronic gadgets with what
seems to be suspect QC.

Cheers
Jayanand