Subject: [Leica] Light tripods and electronic first curtain
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 19:20:04 -0700

This is the Gitzo model (apparently no longer available):
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/475899-REG/Gitzo_GT1550T_GT_1550T_Traveler_6X_Carbon.html

This is a comparison of the Tiltall with the light Gitzo --
http://www.paulroark.com/E-first-curtan-GitzoTraveler-200mm-60th-sec..JPG

I'll have to do a lot more comparison shots before I know whether or how
much the electronic first curtain can help.  But, in theory and consistent
with this initial look, I'd say it might make light tripods more useful
than they have been in the past.

No doubt, a heavy tripod is going to be noticeably more stable in many if
not most circumstances, but with tripods, the one you have when you need it
is the "best" one.  The problem is that the heavy tripods are being left
behind too much.  The little Gitzo is much more likely to be hanging on my
belt when I need it.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Light tripods and electronic first curtain)