Subject: [Leica] Light tripods and electronic first curtain
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 22:31:53 -0700

I think the IS did help.  #3 is sharpest......  By a bit...

Which brings up a really dumb Sony A7 question.....
If you can either turn on or off the first shutter electronic curtain, why
would you EVER want the first curtain to move?  Why not ALWAYS use the
electronic first shutter curtain?
Ie, what do you lose in electronic first shutter curtain?

( Been bothering me for a while...)

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

This is a comparison of the Tiltall with the light Gitzo --
http://www.paulroark.com/E-first-curtan-GitzoTraveler-200mm-60th-sec..JPG

I'll have to do a lot more comparison shots before I know whether or how
much the electronic first curtain can help.  But, in theory and consistent
with this initial look, I'd say it might make light tripods more useful than
they have been in the past.

Replies: Reply from roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark) ([Leica] Light tripods and electronic first curtain)
Message from roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark) ([Leica] Light tripods and electronic first curtain)