Subject: [Leica] Which R lenses are good? Mediocre? Bad?
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 16:59:17 -0600

On Nov 3, 2015, at 3:33 PM, John McMaster wrote:

> That was a Minolta design with Leica build quality?

I have one.
It performs very well.
If there's some specific you'd like to know about it;
let me know.
It focuses to 12".
One of the things I like about it.

I enjoy the performance of all of my R glass;
15 Super Elmar
21 Super Angulon
24 Elmarit
35 Summilux E67
35 Summicron
50 Summilux
50 Summicron
60 Macro Elmarit
80 Summilux
100 Apo Macro Elmarit
180 Apo Elmarit
350 Telyt
400 Telyt
560 Telyt
2x Apo

very much because of they all
focus quite close;
show good contrast;
each is quite close in their color rendering;
general sharpness and fine micro contrast.

I'm sure the 15/2.8 would great - though I don't use the 15 that often.
I'm sure the 50 lux E60 would be great - though my 50 lux always brings oohs
and ahs;
and, "what kind of camera do use?" And the 50 mm Lux Asph for the M gets to
state of the art.

Some show more of what I would call a "unique signature" than others.
Though they all perform admirably; and as "expected?"

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog