Subject: [Leica] Leica lenses and the Leica Compendium
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 12:56:20 +1000

From: Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 23:43:53 -0500
Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica lenses and the Leica Compendium
I'm not making this up but I was just reading the Compendium in bed a few
hours ago. Its not that big. I have many books bigger.
I don't have a couch. So I do most my reading in bed.

Mark do you maybe have the out of print "Leica Lens Compendium" published
by Hove? That is the one now available in a free text only PDF version that
I mentioned.

Unless you are related to Lou Ferrigno, I think that you will find the much
larger self published new volume "Leica Compendium" is a tad much to
balance on your breakfast tray with your weeties and orange juice.
It is a larger format and nearly 2 inches thick. It weighs over 6 pounds.
It covers Leica Camera history and cameras (up to 2011) as well as lenses.
That one was sold in a limited run by pre-order from Erwin himself. There
were two editions in print. As far as I know even the second run is long
sold out.

Why yes, I do have both books on my shelf ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica lenses and the Leica Compendium)