Subject: [Leica] Leica lenses and the Leica Compendium
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 23:43:53 -0500

I'm not making this up but I was just reading the Compendium in bed a few
hours ago. Its not that big. I have many books bigger.
I don't have a couch. So I do most my reading in bed. Or at bus stops.
I love in publishing how they have "The Portable Mark Twain" and its got
seven novels all in the same book. And no you cant carry it anywhere nor
read it in bed. Its the opposite of portable. Should come with wheels or
balloons or both.
I pick books for if its going to weigh down my Domke bag too much or not and
if it will fit in its front pocket. As I have a camera and a sweater in
there already.
But have a Nook to fit bigger books like Dickens or History books.
 The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, William L. Shirer  that will slow you
down  a bit. I read the whole damn book! 1000  plus pages with super small
writing. Turns out Adolf used to feed the field mice in the barracks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_novels

(War and Peace) is not even in the top ten.
Infinite Jest I just saw the movie and the book will go right in my Nook. An
electronic book reader.
But I prefer real books.
And small ones.