Subject: [Leica] Advent Calendar : #13 - Peter
From: gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 08:21:44 +0000

To add to your story, we frequently stayed at a hotel where the wife of the
owner was French but of Russian descent. One evening she asked if I could
copy the photos in her family album for her as she only had the album for
couple of weeks, and it was bought out of Russia when her family fled the
Revolution. I took the album from her without thinking twice, but on return
home and taking it out of its wrappings I found that it was full of
hand-signed photographs and Christmas cards etc. from the Tsar and Tsarina.
It turned out that her grandmother was a relative of the Romanov family. A
true family treasure!

Gerry