Subject: [Leica] Oysters again, amended. - Frank D
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 08:36:41 +0000

Well Jay I was brought up in Lancashire not far from a fishing port. The
fish and chips was good and cheap, about 11d in old money which is about
?0.045 in the new?
They were fried in beef dripping.
When I moved to Yorkshire for my apprenticeship they were just as good.
Then I moved to London to University and I never found a good F&C shop
anywhere near where I lived for the 3 years I was there.
Now, living in Oxfordshire, the F&C is very variable. There is a van which
visits weekly which has good fish, but he cooks in vegetable oil so the
flavour is not there.
Some pubs are not too bad but none near what I got as a kid.
So when we go to Kirsty?s on Anglesey I am extremely tempted to go to Conwy
for lunch every day.
cheers,
Frank D.