Subject: [Leica] Leica] IMPORTANT: LUGbook 2015
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 06:09:32 +0000

Richard, I respect that you get to decide on the layout (as I did last
year). I was careful I hope to make a neutral reply. As an ex-editor,
my personal reaction was to wonder just how much time and effort may be
involved in the change above and beyond the work already needed.  My
impression too is that there is no realistic prospect of any wider group
discussion/agreement given that your entry close date is very close I
think. In my opinion that was a mistake this late in the program.

As a contributor, while my two submitted images were intended to be
together (and likely won't be similar to anything anyone else sends in),
I'm not especially perturbed if they are to be separated.

With my ex-editor hat back on I wondered how you planned to manage the
caption placement in this instance. Regarding image sizing and proportions
mine at least were cropped and sized exactly with the expectation that they
would fit the LH & RH page frames as detailed in the instructions carried
forward again. So they won't fit exactly if put in the opposite layout.

For Gene: Last year I changed the sequence so it was no longer in
submission order, grouping related themes and colour vs BW together for
example. I wanted a better flow. That was my choice though. I also added
more content for Ted's dedication of course and some editorial content
provided by Leica Camera. I am certain no-one objected to the first and I
hope that some enjoyed the second.