Subject: [Leica] LUG Yearbook
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 09:09:15 +1000

*From*: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 22:53:31 -0800
zJq__PR2fc_3U1Z00eCoh5M_uOEaOPgnUhthn5RXiQ at mail.gmail.com>
------------------------------
I agree that Richard's book styling has made for a successful photo book
and I am admiring many great images in there. I think that the target
audience is still the same small group though, unless you attract customers
from outside the contributors list? That would be the magic trick if the
goal was to generate donations for your chosen charity.

For my own contributed images I was especially appreciative of the pairing
with Doug Herr (Richard asked us first) but was certainly happy too to see
them next to Charlie and Leo's fine work.

For my two cents from when I was active in the LUG, it's maybe known I was
always an advocate for keeping the Leica aspect of the LUG alive. Others
feel differently and the LUG has long had non-exclusively Leica content
naturally.  2014 was a very significant year for Leica Camera of course,
hence the extra content that I included in that year. Personally I would
have liked my captions to have been retained as they were intended to show
results from the particular Leica equipment. Maybe that makes me the
gearhead Leica buyer from Kyle's end notes! ;-)

Editor's note is that you will need to completely replace the associated
instructions and FAQ for 2016 (if you haven't planned to do that already?)
to match the new format of course. I'm not sure at all that the really
detailed descriptions that I had included were very effective.
All the best for 2016 to all.

Jayanand and others: thank you for all your kind words on and off-lists.

They mean a lot to us!!!
Jayanand, you nailed the exact reasons why we we did what we did, we wanted
to produce a "genuine" photobook and it appears we have achieved some
levels of success.

THANK YOU.