Subject: [Leica] IMPORTANT: LUGbook 2015
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 01:50:28 -0500

I agree with most of the opinions I've just seen expressed, to wit:
yes, please order the photos the way you expect the flow and
juxtapositions to work best.

The main plausible objection, it seems to me, is that this intent
wasn't expressed before people submitted their photos;  but as I
believe you've offered to let people who wish to either withdraw or
replace photos if their submission decision would've been affected by
knowing your layout intent beforehand, I think you've handled that
issue fairly.

The only other nit I can think of to pick is that I sized and
sharpened my delivered images based precisely on my understanding of
the amount of space available in those accustomed left-page and
right-page layouts; others may have done the same.  So there's the
risk that pictures might end up rendered in a way which is - I'm
readying my fainting couch - technically suboptimal.  This lack of
control makes me nervous, but experiencing it is probably good for me.

I look forward to a more-designed book, and I'm glad you're willing to
take on that additional work.

And hey, now that the mold's being broken how about next year we use
one of the two largest photo book sizes, for dee-luxe... bigness?

Message from geneduprey2015 at gmail.com (Gene Duprey) ([Leica] IMPORTANT: LUGbook 2015)
Message from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] IMPORTANT: LUGbook 2015)
Message from jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] IMPORTANT: LUGbook 2015)
Message from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] IMPORTANT: LUGbook 2015)