Subject: [Leica] Greetings
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 12:43:54 -0800

Hi Crew,
Driving? I'll try to make this short? ;-) But then you know me?  :-) :-)
It's a story!

I learned to drive at the age of 13. Drove all over the country side without
a licence until I was old enough, 16 yrs to have one. But most of that was
around the farm and backcountry roads. Not much traffic.

Since:
1/ I've drove tanks, Sherman's and Churchill's. Any number of reconnaissance

    type military scout cars.
2/ STAGHOUND  GMC Armoured cars with 37mm main gun & twin engines.
3/In my twenties I drove "Sprint & Stock Car racing cars on dirt & Asphalt
tracks.
Oh had a few crash and burns and hospital trips! OOPS! :-(
Never had any accidents of any kind driving legally on roads nor hywys.

A year ago driving in home town a guy started "honking at me!" The worst
thing another driver can do to me! Urgent feelings of "kill!" Then I looked
at my speedometer and I was only driving at 40 klm per hour on a 50 KLM
street.
I was so surprised I hadn't been paying attention to the speed limit nor my
speedometer.
Next street to the right I turned  and parked, calmed down and thought about
my actions, driving & attitude! :-( Calmed down, I drove home parked my car.
My oldest grandson came over and took the car home and sold it!
AND I'VE NEVER DRIVEN SINCE! That's a year now! :-(  It's driving me crazy
every time I want to go shopping or wherever & maybe being  "CARELESS!"

I was in error when the other driver honked at me because I wasn't really
paying attention to my driving looking at the "speedometer" which also
means???????

"MAYBE I WASN'T PAYING PROPER ATTENTION TO OTHER THINGS!" :-( "What if my
in-attention caused a crash or accident or I killed someone or myself???????
Can I drive today in my 87th year? YES!
BUT? I believe in pure "COMMON SENSE" dictates my life whenever it's
obvious. So there you go folks. "WHY I DON'T DRIVE!"
SAFE DRIVING TO EVERYONE! :-)
cheers,
Dr.ted  :-)