Subject: [Leica] IMG: Flags - Gerry
From: leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson)
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 17:43:39 -0800

Gerry, this flag was on the fence at the entrance to the Pitt Tavern,
which was in business starting in 1766, and was a place where many of
the American patriots met or stayed. So this interim "Grand Union" U.S.
flag would be appropriate for the 1776-1777 time frame, and was used by
the fledgling United States from the cessation of hostilities until June
1777, at which time the Congress adopted the Flag Act in 1777 and the
basis for our current flag was encoded into law.

Jay

Replies: Reply from gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] IMG: Flags - Gerry)
Message from gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] IMG: Flags)