Subject: [Leica] IMG: Found Around the House
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 12:12:58 -0600

Because the weather is threatening this morning, I looked around the
house for suitable subjects for the new Fuji 35/2.0 lens.  The first
thing that caught my eye was the vintage Western Electric telephone on
my desk.  It remains in use because it has an amplified handset, which
allows me to forget about hearing aids while working at the desk.  (I
first checked to see if the Macro setting of the X-E1 works with this
lens, and it does not appear to change the minimum focus distance.)

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/DSCF2808fm.tif.html

Next, I tried several shots of the pie crust table by the picture
window, and ended up using flash against the back lighting, then
converted it to B&W.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/By+the+Window.TIFF.html

My conclusion is that the lens focuses very quickly and accurately, even
at minimum focusing distance.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA