Subject: [Leica] I rented the newer (Typ 246) M Monochrom for the weekend; you won't believe what happened next.
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 17:06:24 -0500

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Aram Langhans <leica_r8 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Not much "grain" structure. Did you do a bunch of noise reduction or is it
> "raw"?

No noise reduction, unless Lightroom does some by default with none
manually set.

Some "Clarity" (local contrast enhancement) dialed in, because that makes
B&W pictures snappier, and Lightroom's "Sharpen - Faces" preset applied.

But both of those are in the opposite direction from noise reduction.

Both Monochroms have the characteristic of not having those little Bayer
speckles from one noisier color channel...  although the original CCD
Monochrom starts picking a bit of some other noise around ISO 5000 and
faster.  This fancy new CMOS one is cleaner faster.  I'm impressed.  Wish I
had the budget to buy one.

In reply to: Message from jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] I rented the newer (Typ 246) M Monochrom for the weekend; you won't believe what happened next.)
Message from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] I rented the newer (Typ 246) M Monochrom for the weekend; you won't believe what happened next.)