Subject: [Leica] Sao Paulo advice
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 13:01:07 -0700

Thanks very much Philippe,
I have passed your observations on to those who may not be on the LUG at the
moment.
Much appreciated.
Howard

Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 21:12:06 +0100
From: Philippe Amard <photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com
<mailto:photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com>>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org <mailto:lug at
leica-users.org>>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Sao Paulo advice

Hi Howard,

and the gang.

Not many answers so far ....
I can't help with updated info, sorry .... yet

I spent three weeks in Sao Paulo a loooong time agooooo (1978).
(Brazil was still under military dictatorship then BTW).

The people there were fantastic - I fully enjoyed bossa nova and caipirinha
and much more as I was such a young innocent fellow ;-)

My hosts were already very much concerned with safety/security - I can't
imagine that even today walking on the streets in SP is anywhere as safe as
in HK or Vancouver.

Lots of opportunies for street photography though, so long as you didn't
get that isolated from the crowds.
Markets were swarming with motley and ever so lovely people.
I must try and find my negs and slides some day.

Places I then liked in SP include :
Botanical gardens
Museum of Modern Art
Football (stadium/game) ... (Palmeiras then, I may still have their flag in
the attic ...)

OTT: Brazil is one of the places I'd like to visit again (India remains
n?1+) and the only place in the world where your skinny photog friend ever
managed to put on a little weight (US included, tells a lot), so beware ;-)

My most striking Brazilian memories are the capital, Brasilia for its
'modern' architecture, and Ouro Preto for its gilded churches and step
streets.
Rio was just something too crazy to remember ;-)

OTOTT : Brazilian portuguese is the most sensual language I've ever heard
(and/or tried to speak ....)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KpIV57PSeo
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KpIV57PSeo>

Amities
Philippe who just wishes Alice and self could join you on that one :-)