Subject: [Leica] The 2016 dogs of Quartzsite collection
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 11:01:43 -0800

Every January, Quartzsite hosts a few large events.  There is an RV show, a
gem and mineral show, a car show...  Here are a few links:
http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/
http://www.qiaarizona.org/POWWOW-Show.html

In years past the town of 3500 would swell to close to 750,000 people, most
camping in the BLM land surrounding the town.  That number has decreased
drastically the last decade or so to maybe 200,000.  Now there are too many
other places that have organized to host snowbirds for the winter, with more
things to do and more amenities.

The dogs just come along with the people.  Some are quite obsessed. Guys
with dogs are chick magnets.  When my father-in-law was minding my
sister-in-law's husky, he was surrounded by women.  Amazing.  But at 92, is
is not that interested, other to go to the evening dances

Aram