Subject: [Leica] Photo database software suggestions?
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the LUG)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 11:11:25 -0500

Hi Folks ?

I have, as you may imagine, 20 some years of photo archives.

Right now I have them broken down by years in folders like:

2001
        2001-01-01 New years day photos
                        L0010101.jpg
                        L0010102.jpg
        2001-01-02 bigfoot sighting in new hampshire
                        L222222.jpg
                        L222223.jpg
                        L222225.jpg

etc.

I want to have a searchable database that allows me

        a) to add metadata to files and allow me to search that metadata.
        b) automate identification of people through facial recognition or
import data like that
        c) allow me to grant varying levels of access to this database to
other people (mark
                some directories with different permissions, etc.)
        d) Not vanish in 10 years leaving me with a useless database
        e) have a solution to the fact that I?m going to have dozens of
files with the same filename

Cost isn?t an object, but functionally is a must.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Replies: Reply from abridge683 at fastmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Photo database software suggestions?)
Reply from gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Photo database software suggestions?)