Subject: [Leica] Hong Kong panos and stories
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 10:56:52 -0700

Hi Ted,
You beat me by two years. I landed in Hong Kong in May 1970 for the first
time and yes, it did not look anything like what it looks like now.
As Lord Palmerston famously said in 1840:  ?A barren rock with nary a house
upon it. It will never be a mart for trade.?
Sometimes even great statesmen get it wrong. British administration and
Chinese diligence have produced an amazing result mostly in the last half
century or so.
Thanks for looking and commenting. Glad you liked the panos,
Cheers
Howard