Subject: [Leica] RE; Autofocusing M lenses
From: alal at nyu.edu (Akhil Lal)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:42:02 -0500

The first film-plane focusing camera I know of  was the Mamiva Six roll
film folder of the 1940-1950s.

Much later Kyocera introduced the Contax AX body that moved the film plane
in order to AF C/Y mount lenses.

The Techart adapter should, in principle, work. However the optical
correction  in some of the new lenses might be adversely affected by use of
this adapter because the floating elements  would not be in the proper
position if the focusing helicoids are not used. Perhaps a good compromise
would be to estimate the distance to the subject and set the focus by hand.
Then the AF adapter would do final focus.

Does anyone on the LUG actually have a Techart?

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 7:22 PM, Larry Zeitlin via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>