Subject: [Leica] IMG: Lone Cypress
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 17:04:34 -0800

Thanks Aram.
I have rarely seen a sunset like that. Usually/almost always there is a fog
bank off the coast with a heavy cloud layer. We had three to four days of
cloudless skies  (read boring skies) prior to the day of this photo. The
next two sunsets were like this: small high clouds (my guess is from
contrails prior in the day) and a clear horizon. This image and the one of
the bench at Pt. Lobos had this configuration at sunset, so the western
facing coast just lit up. Never seen it like this, so hopefully you will be
as lucky.

There was a fellow out where I was using a wooden 4x5 shooting newer Velvia
as well as HP4Plus. We had a nice talk as he tried to get his graduated ND
filters lined up with the horizon as best he could. He occasionally took a
shot with his iPhone and kept muttering about what a great dynamic range it
had...

Add these wonderful sunsets to super negative tides and super large waves
(Mavericks was held that Friday) and it was pretty ideal.
Best,
Bob