Subject: [Leica] ORDER of CANADA PRESENTATION & PRIME MINISTER of CANADA? :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:49:41 -0800

Hi Crew,

Well home now 24 hours still recovering the most amazing lifetime events
I've ever encountered.

As you know I flew to Canada's capital, Ottawa, to receive the most
prestigious award a Canadian civilian can receive in recognition of
contributions to his country and above and beyond his/her career.

For our USA cousin's I understand it's similar to  your "PRESIDENTAIL
AWARD."

Ok so that was the number one event. J TOTALLY BREATH TAKING!

I suppose the 2nd event was on a par. "I was introduced to our new Prime
Minister Justin  Trudeau. Who's father Pierre Trudeau is the subject in my
most famous photograph! The Prime Minister sliding down a stair case hand
rail his arms high in the air! .... in "ONE CLICK!" M6 Leica film camera
1968 when he became the Prime Minister.

I hearing laughter behind me as I descended the stairs, turned and there he
was arms on high sliding at me! Camera up! "CLICK!" No tech stuff involved!
"SEE, CLICK!" J J

On historical levels? In Archives Canada it is considered the most iconic
political photograph in the history of Canada to date!  Damn, I was quick in
my youth! J J J Just kidding folks! J

In any event the PM was as charming as could be and very pleased to get an
11X14 mounted and matted 100 years archival photo of his Dad!

I have a few photos from both events and we'll get them posted this weekend.

cheers all,

 Dr. ted  OC

---

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] ORDER of CANADA PRESENTATION & PRIME MINISTER of CANADA? :-))