Subject: [Leica] IMG: Same Scene 1967 & 2016
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 21:40:01 -0600

In digitizing some of my archive of negatives and slides, I've found images
without complete information.  One picture that had vexed me was of a truck
hauling a huge girder for an expressway bridge that I shot in 1967.  I was
pretty sure I took it just south of downtown (called the Third Ward) and I
was going to cruise around there to see if I could find the location.
Well, on Saturday I was in that area for a vintage motorcycle show, and
thought the buildings near Pittsburgh Avenue looked familiar.  I shot some
frames with my Lumix and it was the right place.  There is even a sign for
a different bar in the upper right corner (I composed from memory, but got
pretty close).

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Time+Lapse/19670325_MR_HIST_2A.jpg.html

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Time+Lapse/20160220_MR_Mine_LMX1020789.jpg.html

I took the original photo with my first reflex camera - an Asahiflex that
had a waist-level finder plus an optical finder for a 50mm lens.  The
camera was old when I got it and when the temperature was below 50F the
shutter got cranky and the mirror would not return to the down position.  I
got used to unscrewing the lens and pulling the mirror down with my
fingernail after each shot.  I eventually sold this camera to the regional
Pentax rep to help finance the purchase of my first M3, a second-hand one
that I used for 40 years (my favorite camera ever).

--
Alan

(Retired)
UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978