Subject: [Leica] 135mm Apo-Telyt-M on Sony a7rii
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:10:30 -0700

Jim Nichols wrote:

?>  Nice DoF, in spite of Paul's misgivings.

And it only took 19 frames!

Helicon and PS stacking software choke on wind or camera movement.  So, in
landscape work there is almost always going to be a fair amount of hand
work and glitches that those who look hard with find.  Where there is no
movement (camera or scene), however, Helicon is just amazing.  On this one,
since it was hand held, I used PS, first aligning the images as layers and
then doing auto stacking.  This only worked for the center images.  Then I
had to take the auto-stacked file and put it as a layer over an aligned set
of the other layers to fill in the gaps and errors -- one at a time,
manually.  Finally I added the front and back parts of the image, in part,
manually.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] 135mm Apo-Telyt-M on Sony a7rii)