Subject: [Leica] Amjikarai
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 10:12:35 +0530

Ric, Steve, Lluis, Philippe, Douglas, Peter

Thanks for looking.

Steve, Fuji sells two add on lenses that screw on to the lens of the Fuji
X100 series, and convert the 35mm lens to 28mm and 50mm, without any change
in the aperture, i.e. they stay at f2. On a whim I purchased the 50mm
adapter which I stumbled upon in the used department of B&H online, found
it very good indeed. Then last week, I found the 28mm adapter available
used, and purchased that as well, though it will only reach me in the first
week of June. It will give me an ultra compact, lightweight and fast (f2)
28/35/50mm autofocus combo to use on the streets, without going through the
hassle of changing lenses or carrying the bulk and weight of a f2.8 zoom.
For those interested, the Fujifilm part numbers are WCL X-100 and TCL X-100.

Douglas, All the carcasses are goat, i.e. mutton, which is the staple meat,
by and large, in India for non vegetarians. Chicken and fish cost
considerably more, and eating beef is forbidden in the Hindu religion,
which makes beef comparatively inexpensive, but of dubious quality for the
most part.

Peter, I take photographs close up, and I take from a distance as well, for
various reasons, mainly to include the environment, but sometimes, like in
Morning Tea, to include another element, in this case the driver snoozing
in the autorickshaw (tuk tuk) on the right. I will be posting the close ups
as street portraits later today.

Cheers
Jayanand