Subject: [Leica] M9 with old screw Leica lenses
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:34:59 -0700

Douglas:  I have used screw mount lenses on an M8. They all work. Some,
which are known for pastel colors and low contrast wide open, like the
Summitar, might seem muddy in color, unless stopped down to f/4 or
smaller. You might like them better in B&W. The 35mm Summarons are great
lenses, and should work fine.

Russian Jupiters are hit and miss. They often don't focus properly on
Leicas unless modified. Test yours before using them for anything
important.

--Peter