Subject: [Leica] A Photograph and a few comments about Orlando and thePhilly Gay Pride Parade
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:21:28 -0400

Nobody needs an assault weapon, the only purpose of which is to kill
people.  Australia banned them after their mass killing and the ban is
working.

  "The Port Arthur massacre remains one of the deadliest shootings
worldwide committed by a single person. Following the spree, the Prime
Minister of Australia
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_Australia>, John Howard
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Howard>, introduced strict gun control
laws within Australia
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control_in_Australia> and
formulated the *National
Firearms Programme Implementation Act 1996*, restricting the private
ownership of high capacity semi-automatic rifles
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-automatic_firearm>, semi-automatic
shotguns <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-automatic_shotgun> and
pump-action
shotguns <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pump-action_shotgun> as well as
introducing uniform firearms licensing. It was implemented with bipartisan
support by the Commonwealth, states and territories."

Unfortuately, the Port Arthur massacre is no longer one of the deadliest
shootings worldwide committed by a single person.  That record has been
broken.

Tina