Subject: [Leica] IMG: From Another Old Lens
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 14:33:36 -0500

Thanks, Al.  Yes, that debate with one's self is a part of many of our
lives.  I've found that current Fujinon glass (I can't afford current
Leica glass) is sharper, and provides autofocus, but a lot of the "fine
tuning" is done in firmware, not in lens design. I have been trying to
decide what 90mm would best serve my needs.  The 90 Summicron-R is a
great lens, but the 90 f/2 Fujinon brings autofocus.  After this
morning's outing, the Fujinon is looking like a better choice.

As to the eyeglasses, I've had cataract surgery and lens implants.  My
glasses have carried me about as far as they can.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA