Subject: [Leica] Carbon Printing... any experiences?
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (lluisripollphotography)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:52:44 +0200

As you know I have to decide what I do with my printer, up to the moment I
was very happy with the B&W from my R3000, I have no intention to go to
Canon, I have to decide if I repair, I buy a Epson P 600, I buy Epson 1500w
(even is the possibility to buy 2, one for B&W and one for color for the
same amount that the P600). I do very, very few color printing, in the case
I can go to a external service.

I have read that the problem with my printer, clogged, is quite usual using
pigmented inks if the printer is not used frequently, Canon 100 don?t have
this problem because it uses colorant inks, but the actual trends on
printers, inks and papers are that all the developments are for pigmented
inks. Secondly main of the systems I know have more developments for Epson
than for Canon. These are my reasons.

I?ve examined the existant systems, in my opinion I shall look for systems
based in Europe, as far as I know there are two good ones:

<http://www.taos-photographic.com>: This Company is the European distributor
of Inkjet Mall (Cone Colors) The inconvenient is that they don?t have
cartridges for the EPSON 1500w

<http://www.farbenwerk.com/farbenwerk-Home-eng>

I would appreciate if someone have some information about:

- Farbenwerk reviews, experiences?
- Quality compared with Epson 1500w, R3000, P 600 with Epson inks and Carbon
inks (Inkjet Mall or Farbenwerk)
- I see 1500w is 6 inks vs R000 or P 600 are 9 inks. How much can be the
difference using only B&W inks?
- Farbenwerk says that not RIP is required. I don?t know which can be the
difference if using RIP and/or QTR Driver
- I suppose that the first time you fill the printer with B&W inks you spend
a certain quantity of ink cleaning and filling. How much??

I have no experience on these aspects, neither in building own ICC profiles
and I have no intention to do them, I don?t have enough time. I would
appreciate if there are some books or sites where I can get some information
about Carbon Printing.

Thank you very much!

Saludos cordiales
Lluis