Subject: [Leica] As Seen on TV: John McMaster, LUG's own official photog at le Tour
From: hlritter at twc.com (Howard L Ritter Jr)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 22:17:15 -0400

John?

Speaking as a 17-year fan of le Tour, good work! I enjoyed the album.

In a later post, you very helpfully mentioned the kilometrage (38) from the
start of Stage 11 of the TdF today to the town of Azillanet. I had recorded
the NBC Sports Network broadcast of today?s state to watch later, but the
recording didn?t catch the first part of the stage. So I recorded it again
in rebroadcast this evening in the U.S. and watched the kilometrage count
down to about 125, based on the 162-km length of the stage. Then when a town
(unnamed by the announcers) came up with 125 km to go, I watched for the
distinctive tan stone building with pink shutters, doors, and picket fence
on the right side of the road, as shown in your image here
<http://johnmcmaster.com/PESO/France/LeTour_2016/content/L3007679_large.html>.

I found it. Better yet, the wide view as the video motorcycle tracked the
injured Belgian rider number 68, Edward Theuns, as he received first aid
showed not only that building but the left side of the road as well, just at
the point where you clearly had to have been standing to get that picture,
with the Tricouleur and a spectator in turquoise top and dark shorts further
down the road as shown in your image also. The camera-wielding spectator in
purple T-shirt is the only person with a camera in his vicinity. Ergo, you
have made the nationwide U.S. broadcast of the TdF!

I grabbed an iPhone shot of the paused screen here
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/desktop_001/Le+LUG+__+le+Tour.jpg.html>.
 Bask in this moment of glory!

?howard