Subject: [Leica] Question about LR... importing ...
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 14:36:22 -0700

The situation..

We just went on a long trip.  I downloaded the images into a specific folder
(call it 123) and some sub folders (call it 456 and 789)   on my Laptop.  I
have imported them into a fresh catalog ( let's call it  Bells)  into LR.  I
have sorted through the images, with developing modifications, color and
star ratings and new ( to me) keywords.

Some of the keywords are unique ( at this point) to the new trip catalog ,
others are common to my Laptop and Desktop. as in "color", "2016", etc.

I am now wanting to combine all of this onto my primary image HDD on my
desktop, into the catalog I use for everything else.

  So it is a big merge effort.

I can easily transfer the folders over to my desktop ( basically sneaker-net
using a portable HDD) .  But that does not get them into LR on the desktop..

How do I :

1)    Import all the images into my Desktop LR ?

2)    And how to merge the catalogs into one.?  *( I think I have read how
to do this, but no harm in asking)

3)    Also importing all the new keywords with their attendant structures?

4)    Without duplicating any keywords ( laptop vs Desktop use some the same
and other different keywords) nor images?

5)    Keeping the  folder directory structure intact?

TIA..

Some stats. there are about 100K images in the Desktop Master Catalog.  The
Laptop trip catalog has an additional 5800 images, a lot of which will be
eliminated, later..after the big merge..

Right now there is no duplication of images. I want to keep it that way..

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] Question about LR... importing ...)