Subject: [Leica] [OT] What can be done, Dr Ted?
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 08:59:25 +0900

Dear Dr Ted, OC

I'm sure that you have feelings about this story:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37198168

I just read about Wolfram (83) and Anita (81) Gottshalk, married for 62
years but forced apart because the health system can't find a care home
with two spare rooms. It's so honourable that the family are not accepting
donations, as they do not want money to work as a one-off band aid.

But do you or any on this list know of a petition we can sign?

While this is an off-topic message, it is relevant to the recent thread
about iPhones, and serves to show that the best camera you have is the one
in your hands right now. Without their grand-daughter's photo, this story
might not have caught my eye.

All the best,

Peter

P.S. I know this isn't the Large Format Professional Offence Takers Club,
so I'm confident in hoping I don't get banned for this post!

--
Peter Cheyne, MPhil, PhD
Associate Professor, Shimane University

Office: +81-852-32-6211
Int. phone: 3325

Faculty of Law and Letters, Shimane University
1060 Nishikawatsu-cho, Matsue City, Shimane, 690?8504, Japan.

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] [OT] What can be done, Dr Ted?)