Subject: [Leica] Ideas on LUG Book 2016
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 16:18:52 -0400

I'm glad to hear you haven't been driven away by last year's muttering
minority, because I very much like the way the book you sequenced
turned out.

Running contrary to the cost concerns I'm seeing...  the thing I've
long wanted to see changed about the LUG book would be a move to the
largest available paper format available from Blurb.  I think the
images would have a better chance of shining printed larger, given the
resolution limits of the printing process.  I don't expect it to
happen, but I'll express the opinion this year as I have in previous
years.

I'd be glad to send more than two images to give you more fodder to
work with - and it'd be fine with me if you made the decision about
which and how many to use, as long as I got my vanity minimum of two
in.  My only concern with that is that if there are multiple on-page
sizes being worked with, I'd prefer to be able to submit print-ready
versions optimally scaled and sharpened for the precise size at which
they'd be printed, just as (I assume) we must all be rendering while
viewing proof images with the Blurb color profile taken into account.

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Ideas on LUG Book 2016)
Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Ideas on LUG Book 2016)