Subject: [Leica] 300,000 IMAGES?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 13:47:25 -0700

Interesting to see some of the CREW dabbling with film and their fine
results. I think it's cool! :-)
HOWEVER? You couldn't get me back to it unless you gave me "FREE FILM!"
Somebody else to "SOUP IT!" and scan it to computer! :-) Oh Yeah make all
the contact sheets and match with each roll of sleeved negs! .
However! most importantly?
"PAY ME HANDS0MELY TO USE IT." :-)
Oh yeah I was going to say, "supply a LEICA to shoot it."
But I forgot I still have an M6, well one of my Grandson's is using it and
when he has some cool images? He brings them over and flaunts them in my
face with big smiles! "Hey Gramps real cool this film stuff! I like it
better than digital!" Then he waves sleeved rolls of negs in my face and
laughs!
"Smart ass!" :-)
But he's a very good photog! So I don't mind one iota! :-) Oh yeah he shoots
digital also. But film is #1!
However? Think about how many rolls it takes for 300,000 images in the
archive vaults of the National Archives of Canada and a whole bunch more in
the National Art Gallery of Canada. And probably another 100,000 in my
personal files? No I don't think I'd be too excited going back to shooting a
documentary assignment project and hauling the amount of film for a month?
Digital is my baby and I don't have to keep checking? "HOW MANY FRAMES DO I
HAVE LEFT ON THE ROLLS ?" In the  LEICAS HANGING ABOUT MY BODY?  :-) Oh they
were the days!!  GO BACK TO IT??
NOT A HOPE IN HADES!":-)
cheers,
Dr. Ted  Grant O.C.