Subject: [Leica] IMGs: iPhone Camera and Schneider iPro Lenses
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 13:06:56 -0500

> On Sep 7, 2016, at 2:37 PM, Ted Grant <tedgrant at shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> Without question that is the first series of IPHONE images posted that
> left me with?
> "DAMN THEY ARE VERY WELL DONE!"
> Actually on screen they could well be "THE NEW LEICA REPLACEMENT!"  oops!
> ;-)
> However in reality? It is the Master Photographer shooting the images,
> once again proving?
> "IT ISN'T THE CAMERA! IT'S THE MANIPULATOR OF THE CAMERA!" Super well done
> George!!
> I suppose my anti IPHONE FEELINGS ARE FOR THE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS,
> IN PARTICULAR "NEWS PHOTOGS" WHO'VE LOST THEIR JOB due to the influx of
> the IPHONE.
> But in reality? It's just an advancement of technology as we've seen in so
> many aspects since the Industrial Revolution? LEARN IT AND ADVANCE WITH
> IT? or die?
> Thank you George for breaking my anti-iphone feelings.
> cheers,
> Dr. ted grant C.M.

I certainly understand your feelings re: how the technology has affected our
?PROFESSION.?
There are parts of me that wish I was still making art on drawing boards,
retouching transparencies with dyes and bleaches, and prints with airbrushes
? for an appreciative clientele ? that knew only a few of us could do these
things ?very well.? This week I?m hassling with a client over a 90 day old
invoice that she ?now? tells me she thinks is too high (and it?s 2/3rds of
what we?d have charged in the 80s). I?m sure part of the reason she thinks
it?s too high is about how many of her friends and family ?have cameras and
computers" too.

Yet! Here is where we find our old selves.
Smack dab in the middle of 2016.
Still trying to figure out how to make the payments on keeping the damn shit
running;
and within spitting distance of what?s ?current;?
in order to compete
with yahoos who seem more than willing to give it away for pocket change.

Really appreciate you taking the time to look and rant with us Ted!

fond regards,

George

http://www.imagist.com/blog
http://www.imagist.com