Subject: [Leica] IMG: More ancient airplanes
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 23:34:05 -0700

Thanks, Jim and Ted.  Ted, I had a chance to chat with the pilots of both
the Mustang and a Spitfire after they flew. They were interested in my
Leica--they had heard of the brand and knew that they had covered the war.
We also chatted about the old radio equipment in the planes, which I'm
familiar with--we ham radio operators used to adapt those surplus radios
for our use when I was a teenager.

I told them about you, your parachute jump and your Mustang flight. I
recounted your story about how you managed to take your upside-down selfie
despite the G-forces. They both said things like, "More power to him," "God
bless that guy," and "I want to be like that when I'm 75!" So you gained a
couple of more admirers.

God save the Queen and tally ho full throttle!
--Peter