Subject: [Leica] Cocoi Heron Fishing Sequence
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 12:03:23 +0530

This ten frame sequence is my favourite of the three or four I managed to
photograph on the Pantanal trip. There are gaps in the frames, not because
of the camera's inability to track the subject, but because of my inability
to keep the subject centred on the frame, with the result that parts of the
bird are clipped by the frame. Anyway, I had ten good frames, so I
ruthlessly discarded the rest. The bird was quite close, so this is all
practically full frame - two or three have been cropped by 5-10% to try and
keep the framing more or less similar. That this was a big heron, slow
enough to keep track of through a viewfinder, made it relatively easier to
photograph compared to the fast and maneuverable hawks.

Nikon D500 with the AF-S Nikkor 300mm f4E PF ED VR lens, wide open at
1/3200s. The camera was on Auto ISO, so the ISO varies marginally from
frame to frame.

The whole sequence is here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/heron/

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Cocoi Heron Fishing Sequence)
Reply from hjwulff at gmail.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Cocoi Heron Fishing Sequence)