Subject: [Leica] A Tale of two flags
From: bjq1 at mac.com (Barney Quinn)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 20:20:59 -0400

Someone scattered some single edge razor blades on the drivers seat of my
car overnight. I noticed them before I got in the car. Thank God. I want to
tell you what I saw and felt. To my eye the scene was very much dominated by
the so called confederate flag. To me it symbolizes so much I do not want
this Nation to be about. It feels to me as if these negative and hateful
things are close to overwhelming us. A boat docked several spots ahead of
Net?s Pride is flying an American flag which is flapping proudly in the
breeze. To me Old Glory symbolizes what I think our Nation should be about.
Fairness, Justice, Tolerance. Just as the American Flag in this picture is
small, and isn?t so easy to see it feels to me as if these very worthwhile
and necessary goals are now only a glimpse of something distant and far off
swamped and overwhelmed by what is going on this election year. That is what
I felt. It is what I saw. It is why I took and posted the picture.

Thanks for the razor blades. I have been warned. Let me return the favor.
For those of you who think that the system doesn?t work, that you have been
passed,  and that this justifies your anger and tactics because the system
needs to be shaken or and taken down. You may not think that you have much
to loose. But you do. Far more that you realize and you may well not know
how much until it is gone. Beware. The fire that you seem so anxious to
start can just as easily consume you as it burns everyone else.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Net_s+Pride.jpg.html

I apologize for the rant, but it was very important to me to say this.

Thanks,

Barny

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford) ([Leica] A Tale of two flags)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] A Tale of two flags)