Subject: [Leica] Hillary For Prison Sign Behind Barbed Wire
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 08:04:04 -0700

Thank you Montie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: LUG [mailto:lug-bounces+tedgrant=shaw.ca at leica-users.org] On Behalf
Of
Montie
Sent: September-29-16 7:18 AM
To: lug at leica-users.org

I believe Ted was probably referring to the comments that followed
the photo post...not the photo itself.

Montie

>>To my mind, the photo was no indication of Chris's politics.

Like many of his images it was a document of the state of mind in his part
of the world.

It was less a political statement of his stance than Jim's of LBGT events
or even some Lluis's images.

It was not judgemental in any way, unlike the frequent reactions of disgust
over obesity, or drunk jokes about rosacea sufferers.

I didn't like the content, but it's an image portraying something I live
with everyday.  It's not even the worst I've seen.

When people say they don't like flowers or cats, I don't care.  I want you
to look at the photography, the light, the composition, not the pretty
flower or the cute cat.

Chris made no statement about his personal beliefs, but the composition was
terrific, as usual, and the background elements combined to make a powerful
image.

Look at it again as a photographer.

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=2489

Regards,