Subject: [Leica] PSTCRD: Mateus - JAYANAND
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe Amard)
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 09:49:10 +0200

Thanks Jayanand

And I said it on others lists, LoL Bill :-)

as I was telling  friends on other lists, this Vila Mateus was the original
owner (aristocrat landowners) of the name/brand.
But the wine we find on the shelves is usually not their produce as it is
now used as a generic name for all wines in the area. Alice also had fond
memories of the name (and wine) that she had had  back in the US, and
asked. That's how we know. We nevertheless bought them a couple of bottles
their own wine (vinho verde if my memory serves me well), which we haven't
tasted yet as it later travelled for 3500 km  in the boot of the camper ...
I'll let you know when we open the first bottles :-)
Their port, which we tasted and bought, is excellent!

Thanks again

Amities