Subject: [Leica] Yosemite Before Adam
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram)
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 20:39:01 +0000

That?s Adam Bridge, not THE Adam.  I was there the week before Adam got
there.  Tioga pass was open and we had a few days of relatively dry weather.
 Yosemite falls was actually falling due to the previous week of rain and
snow.  But by the end of the week, the storm was back.  Thursday we hiked
out to Mirror Lake because we had heard there was actually water in it.
Unusual for Fall. Here is what it looked like:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f6/y/Yosemite+Mirror+Lake+before-1766.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f6/y/Yosemite+Mirror+Lake+before-1764.jpg.html

Then it poured all night and the next day.  We hiked up again in the rain
and this is what it looked like from similar spots 22 hours later.  Not
exact as I was not thinking of other things in the downpour along the mile
hike.  You get the idea.  View them LARGE!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f6/y/Yosemite+mirror+lake+after-1970.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f6/y/Yosemite+mirror+lake+after-1974.jpg.html

More of Tenaya creek along the hike on day two.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f6/y/Yosemite+mirror+lake-1966.jpg.html
  and the next 4 shots.

A day earlier we were at Pohono bridge and I thought I had the shot of the
trip all lined up.  A guy on a bicycle was there as I lined up as shot down
the road with an amazing S curve.   He was waiting and I told him to go as I
wanted  him in the photo.  He started down and then suddenly 6 cars came
around the bend and my shot was ruined.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f6/y/Yosemite+Pohono-1931.jpg.html

I did manage one by piecing together two shots to eliminate the last car.  I
really wanted the bike a bit closer, but this is what I got.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f6/y/Yosemite+Pohono-1932-Edit.jpg.html

Comments welcome

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

would ever have dared dream.? James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Yosemite Before Adam)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Photography) ([Leica] Yosemite Before Adam)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Yosemite Before Adam)
Reply from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] Yosemite Before Adam)