Subject: [Leica] IMG: Autumn Colors and Building Demolition During Ride
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 23:17:53 -0600

Thanks, Philippe, Jayanand, and Douglas.

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 "Douglas Barry" <imra at iol.ie>wrote:

>Lovely autumn colours captured, Alan, and with the building shots you can
>almost hear the plangent rumble of a collapsing America. It's more than
>somewhat ironic that end of a Milwaukee factory is captured by an American
>using a Japanese camera on a Japanese motorcycle.

>Of course, it's nowhere near as ironic as a prominent candidate squealing
>about "Make America Great Again" and raging about the loss of American jobs
>while he outsources products around the world :-)

>I like your 400T which looks nicely flickable, and gives me a yearning. I
>see that you've removed the windscreen that you used to have on it.
>Suddenly, after a bit of furniture clearing I think I have a motorcycle
>space in my garage again - maybe even Velocette Venom sized. My wife will
be
>so pleased :-)

>Douglas
The area where that factory is/was seems to be getting revitalized.  While
I was taking these
pictures, I was being watched by patrons at an outdoor cafe in what was
another industrial building.

I love my CB400T.  It only cost me $550 USD in 1986 (used) with 1,920 miles
on it.  Now I have 35,772
miles and I try to keep it looking good and running well.  The ABS
windshield mounts succumbed to age and
fatigue last year and I haven't bought a new one yet.  I like having a
windshield, since I don't usually ride until the temperature is below 60F.
Above that I'm too hot with leather jacket & pants, gloves, boots, and
full-face
helmet.  I won't ride without all that, so I live for cool autumn days.

(I know it's weird not having a H-D in Milwaukee, but I've test ridden a
few and found them very uncomfortable and crude, and I did not feel safe. I
took out a Sportster at a cycle fair and couldn't believe how awkward it
was.  I didn't like leaning backwards, or riding without being able to keep
my legs on the sides of the tank-on the left side the ignition key dug into
my knee, and the air cleaner cover vibrated against the right knee. I
couldn't wait to get off of it.  At the same event I also tried a BMW 75K
and loved it.  Taking it back to the booth, I was able to snake between
pedestrians at a walking pace without putting a foot down.)

My Honda fits me perfectly and is sooo smooth.

Alan

(Retired)
UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978
UPAA Master of the Profession 2014