Subject: [Leica] IMG: Friday Flowers by Jupiter
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 22:41:20 -0600

Thanks, Lluis.  I was very  impressed with the way the lens performed.
This was shot at f/4 (I think).  As I said earlier, the only fault with
the lens is that the aperture ring moves too easily.  I have taken some
steps to add some friction, so we'll see if I need to do more.

My Jupiter 12 follows the serial number scheme you mention, indicating
it was made in 1987.  This Jupiter 8 breaks the rules, with a SN of
0164681.  The Jupiter name is in English, it is black with silk-screened
scales, and the distance scale is in meters. It resembles some of the
later lenses.  The entire front rotates when focusing.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA