Subject: [Leica] Le Midi PAW 47
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 23:38:42 -0000

John,
Besides needing to get out more, you need to upgrade at least one bauble as
someone dropped that chandelier by the look of it. Mind you, there's plenty
of them for sale over here in auction houses, but I'll bet there are plenty
of them in France too.We had a couple in the old house which had 5 metre
ceilings, but replacing bulbs while standing on the top of a tall step
ladder is very exciting if you have incipient vertigo.

Of course, people hate cleaning them, and, now that servants are an
unaffordable luxury, it's quite off-putting. Sic transit gloria mundi....

Douglas