Subject: [Leica] What would you conclude?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 16:22:35 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

I wrote:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/temp/_DSC4766.jpg
<<<

A little more background...

The lens does not appear to have suffered additional damage at Leica's
facility, but who knows if there's hidden damage or new alignment problems.
The lens spent most of the last 8 months in Wetzlar, only last week
returning to Leica USA.  I have no idea where the rear cap was smashed or if
it was on the lens at the time.  The box the lens arrived in is in perfect
condition.

A southern California dealer, who henceforth will be getting any and all of
my photographic business, has taken up my case with Leica, raising some hell
in the right places.  And is sending me a new rear cap.

I'll be contacting DAG and Jon van Stelton for any further service of this
lens.  The lens is currently usable (assuming there was no hidden damage)
but any thoughts of an SL and 90-280 APO have been banished from my mind
until there's demonstrable proof that Leica's service department has gotten
their act together.  Oh, BTW Ted your calendars are in the mail.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Doug Herr